Our Promise to You
Healthy. Happy. Hershey.
That’s our promise to you. Across our destination, the health and safety of our guests, team members, and community members has been and will always be our top priority. Throughout your visit, we want you and your family to enjoy all that Hershey has to offer knowing that it is our objective to keep you healthy and happy.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hershey and delivering the premier guest experience you have come to expect from The Sweetest Place On Earth®. Thank you for putting your trust in us to keep you safe while enjoying your time at our destination.
With guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the orders from the Pennsylvania Department of Health to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, here’s how we plan to be ready for you.
To Our Guests - Working Together For Health & Happiness
Increased Cleaning & Sanitization:
Enhancing our already rigorous cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection procedures, following guidelines from the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health.
Reinforcing social distancing through signage, ground markings, ride protocols, recorded messages, announcements, and redesigned guest spaces.
Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings:
Requiring face coverings for all guests over the age of two and team members across all properties, per the recommendation of the CDC and in accordance with an Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entry to Hersheypark®, ZooAmerica®, The Spa At The Hotel Hershey®, and MeltSpa by Hershey.
Guest Reservations System:
Implementing a Guest Reservations System to manage capacity throughout Hersheypark.
Implementing contactless check-in and check-out, in-room food delivery, and payment processes at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark.
Team Member Training & Screening:
Increasing team member training to reinforce how they can not only take better care of you - our guests - but also themselves. All Pennsylvania Department of Health protocols will be followed if guests or team members present with potential symptoms while on our properties.
Stay Home if Sick:
If you or any member of your party is sick, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or has been recently exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home and, if applicable, reschedule your visit with us.
As this situation is ever-evolving, please visit this page often for updates to our safety enhancements and destination offerings.
New Health & Safety Enhancements
Here’s how we plan to be ready for you
We are committed to ensuring your safety and health when visiting Hershey, PA, and ask that you partner with us on simple steps before and during your visit. Here is how you can prepare for a fun and safe experience around the destination.
As one of the leaders in the amusement industry, Hersheypark has focused on the safety and enjoyment of our guests for more than 110 years. Here’s how we plan to be ready for you:
- Increased Cleaning & Sanitization: We will sanitize high-touch areas frequently and add sanitization stations throughout Hersheypark.
- Guest Reservations System: A new reservation system will allow us to follow state guidelines on capacity and allow you to better plan your visit in advance.
- Social Distancing: We will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage, ground markings, and redesigned guest spaces.
- Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings: All guests over the age of two are required to wear face coverings. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering Hersheypark.
- Ride Protocols: We will determine social distancing and sanitizing requirements on a ride-by-ride basis with new procedures as necessary.
- Enhanced Team Member Training: Our team members will undergo increased training on new protocols.
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park
As an AZA-accredited zoo, ZooAmerica® North American Wildlife Park has strived to provide exceptional expert care to more than 200 animals while educating guests and the greater community in a safe and enjoyable environment for more than 40 years. Here’s how we plan to be ready for you:
- Increased Cleaning & Sanitization: We will sanitize high-touch areas frequently and add sanitization stations throughout ZooAmerica.
- Capacity Management: We have reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Face Coverings & Temperature Screenings: All guests over the age of two are required to wear face coverings. Guests should also be prepared to undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering ZooAmerica.
- Social Distancing: We will reinforce appropriate social distancing through signage and ground markings.
- Animal Exhibits & Animal Encounters: All indoor locations are temporarily closed and animal encounters are temporarily cancelled.
- Enhanced Team Member Training: Our team members will undergo increased training on new protocols.
- The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
The enhanced health and safety protocols at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark, including cleaning, sanitization, and social distancing protocols, meet or exceed the standards established by the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay initiative. Here’s what you can expect:
- To ensure social distancing:
- Follow signage throughout the properties to direct foot traffic.
- The number of guests permitted in public areas will be limited.
- Check-in and check-out processes have been updated to limit contact with others.
- The Hotel Hershey®
- Recreation including the outdoor pool complex, fitness center, indoor pool, outdoor sports complex, disc golf, 18-hole putting course, game room at Harvest℠, Falconry, and hiking and walking trails are open with reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Restaurants are open throughout the property.
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey® is open. Learn More
- Hershey Lodge℠
- Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge℠ indoor pool complex, fitness center, arcade, outdoor pool, splash pad, mini-golf, basketball and tennis courts, and Falconry are open with reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Restaurants are open throughout the property. Curbside pickup is also available. Learn More
- Hersheypark® Camping Resort
- Reservations are available for all site types.
- Country Store - Sweets & More and propane sales are open.
- The pools, basketball and volleyball courts, and arcade are open with reduced capacity to allow for appropriate social distancing. Learn More
- Meetings at Hershey Resorts
The enhanced health and safety protocols for meetings and conferences at Hershey® Resorts, including cleaning, sanitization, and social distancing protocols, meet or exceed the standards established by the American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay initiative. Here’s what you can expect:
- Floor plan layouts and room capacities will be reviewed and modified on an event-by-event basis to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Signage will be posted throughout the meeting/event space to direct foot traffic and remind guests of health and hygiene, physical distancing requirements, and proper face covering usage.
- Culinary teams will work with groups to design custom menus and styles of service that will comply with the guidance and mandates issued by applicable organizations, governments, and agencies, such as the PA Department of Health.
- Dining In Hershey
The enhanced health and safety protocols at our restaurants meet or exceed the recommendations from our partners at the Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association. Here’s what you can expect:
- Health and safety protocols:
- Capacity has been reduced to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- We will use recorded messages, signs, floor markings, and/or announcements to remind guests of health and hygiene and physical distancing requirements.
- Single-use menus are utilized.
- Condiments, sauces, and more are served in portioned containers or are available upon request.
- The Hotel Hershey
- All dining options are available. Learn More
- Hershey Lodge
- Cocoa Beanery®, Fire & Grain℠, Hershey Grill℠, and The Bears’ Den℠ are open. Learn More
- Houlihan’s Restaurant + Bar
- Houlihan’s is open daily. Curbside pickup is also available. Learn More
- Devon Seafood + Steak
- Devon Seafood + Steak is open. Learn More
- Cocoa Beanery on Research Boulevard is currently closed.
The enhanced health and safety protocols at our Spas meet or exceed the recommendations from our partners at the International Spa Association.
The Spa At The Hotel Hershey® and MeltSpa® by Hershey are open. Here’s what you can expect:
- Health and safety protocols:
- Reservations for all services at both Spas are required.
- Appointments will be scheduled to manage appropriate capacity.
- We will use signs, floor markings, and/or announcements to remind guests of health and hygiene and physical distancing requirements.
- Guests must complete Health History and new COVID-19 Health Screening forms.
- Guests will undergo a touchless temperature screening when they check-in for their appointment(s).
- The Spa At The Hotel Hershey:
- Facials, body scrubs, wet wraps, immersions, rain showers, and makeup services are not currently available.
- Hot stone, couples, and Lomi-Lomi four-handed massages; and stone manicure and pedicure are not currently available.
- MeltSpa by Hershey:
- Facials, facial waxing, and makeup services are not currently available.
Learn More about MeltSpa by Hershey
- Hershey Entertainment
We continue to closely monitor conditions and work directly with all tours on the status of events at GIANT Center℠, Hershey Theatre℠, and Hersheypark® Stadium.
For an up-to-date list of concert and show updates, please visit HersheyEntertainment.com.
- Around Hershey
- Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
- Hershey’s Chocolate Tour and Create Your Own Candy Bar attractions are open, along with shopping and food, desserts, and your favorite Hershey's candy. To help manage capacity, Hershey’s Chocolate World is reducing the number of visitors who can be in the building at any one time. Learn More
- Hershey Gardens
- Hershey Gardens and its popular Butterfly Atrium are open. Guests are encouraged to purchase timed tickets online prior to arrival. Learn More
- The Hershey Story
- The Hershey Story Museum, including the Chocolate Tastings experience and The Chocolate Lab, are open. Visitors are encouraged to pre-purchase a timed ticket to secure their spot. The Pantry Café is slated to open in early July. Learn More
- Hershey® Laundry & Dry Cleaning
- The Hershey Laundry & Dry Cleaning retail store at Stoverdale Commons, 765 Middletown Road, Hummelstown is open.
- The retail location at the Karn's Food Store in Hershey is permanently closed.
- Hershey Nursery
- Hershey® Nursery is currently closed.
- Hershey Country Club
- Hershey® Country Club is open to its members with reduced operations.
- Team Member Training & Screening
The health and safety of our team members is a top priority for us. We have implemented a variety of measures to ensure our team members can take better care of you - our guests - and themselves. These measures include:
- Completion of a COVID-19 Health Screening, including temperature checks, to identify the presence of symptoms and reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure by all team members.
- Instruction and regular reminders to team members not to report to work if they have COVID-19 symptoms or if they come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a COVID-19 test pending result.
- Providing enhanced training to team members to ensure they understand their core responsibilities and new protocols, and feel confident managing the social distancing and hygiene aspects of their role.
- Scheduling start times, break times, and end times, so team member arrivals and departures are staggered.
- Requiring the use of PPE by team members based on their roles and responsibilities and in adherence with the guidance and mandates issued by various local, state, and federal governments and agencies, including the Pennsylvania Department of Health, CDC, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Discouraging the sharing of equipment (computers, phones, radios, etc.) between team members and sanitizing items between use.
- Instruction and regular reminders to team members to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Regular communication with team members to keep them informed of changes in operation or COVID-19-related protocols.
- Following established protocols upon discovery that a team member has COVID-19 symptoms while at work.
We have enhanced health and safety measures for our guests and team members. Guests must follow all posted instructions while visiting our properties.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death and people who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Visit the CDC website for the latest guidance.
By visiting our properties you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.